PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 NL 6 Max AA vs super nit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 NL 6 Max AA vs super nit

Villain was 14/14 after 250 hands. 3bet was 8.1%. I opened raise. Weak limper came along. Villain called too. It was the first time I saw him call. Very surprising. He normally only plays premium hands and usually 3bet when there's an opener. Flop came I cbet. He raised my cbet then continued his aggression. I was putting him on JJ since he called preflop instead of 3bet. Thus, I folded. But it's still quite mind boggling, thinking if I have folded to a QQ or KK. What do you guys think?

Hi TANW,

I think your fold is fine, this guy's line looks pretty strong to me and a semi-nitty TAG isn't messing around in a high stack to pot ratio spot like this. He might have flopped some sort of combo draw but with the flush card coming on the turn I don't see anything in his range you're beating. Maybe KK like you said, but it seems like quite a strange line to get cute with it preflop and then take actions to grossly inflate the pot post with a hand strength that doesn't warrant it, on a scary board texture. I think this guy would be more likely to be check-calling KK than taking a pot building line. So ok with the fold.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.