PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL AA BB vs SB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL AA BB vs SB

villian 21/19 98 hand Was the shove incorrect ? Judging by his 4 bet size it seems that he doesn't want to shove, but I also don't want to get sucked out on by a set on flop or 2 pair or should that be the least of my worries. How would I go about getting his stack.

Hi, I think the villain is very nitty and may not want to play for stacks PF in this case. Against a looser player I'll shove.

The objective is still to get our stack in. For this opponent, I may take a different approach by min 5 betting $0.88. It gets more money into the pot without having the fold equity like shoving. He may shove after our 5 bet if he has a premium hand. If he calls, pot will be $1.78 while we have $1.36 left. We'll be committed with an SPR less than 1. Flop comes then we shove. It'll be big damage for him if he doesn't call after investing $0.88, losing 1/3 of his stack for nothing.

I don't think flatting is an option. He'll have position and regain initiative. Just top pair may not play well post flop.

So shoving or not is a thin line, for me it depends on the villain's tendencies- whether he's willing to play stacks PF. Some short stackers and fish do. Of course, I do when I hold the rockets. Against nitty players, they may be more conservative.

Well it's just my 2 cents worth. I'm still learning and may be wrong. Hope my mistakes get corrected by the experts' analysis =)

Regards
    Lee

Comment

Hi,

I tend to agree, shoving may not be optimal in that it doesn't give the villain as much room to make a mistake. They will still make a mistake with KK, QQ, maybe AK, but how much further it would go is uncertain and would be much more likely vs. a loose player like Lee said.

I also agree that rather than flatting I would prefer to raise again, but like a smaller raise. I would go to about .80c (a min-raise is .70c). This gives him more room to make a mistake, either calling too loose and getting further tied into the pot, or shoving believing they have some fold equity.

Dave
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.