PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK vs. Large Stack 3 Bet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK vs. Large Stack 3 Bet.

Played this this way because of a recent Live training session, but it was for a tourney, not a cash game. Really wasn't sure this was the best way to play here.

Hi Band,

I would 4b to about $1.50 here. What you were probably picking up from the mtt training revolved around commitment, but here we are 123bb effective with the 3-bettor, and the OR also starts with 67 bb's so neither are committed yet. Jamming all in is too large an overbet, making it likely we won't get called by worse hands very often.

Of course reads can change that, but you haven't provided any.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yea, I knew I was missing details about that! lol. I only had 3 hands against this player (on zoom) so there really were no reads. I also made the mistake of almost discounting him. I was more focused on the 3 bettor.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.