PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 KK turn fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 KK turn fold?

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $7.77 (77.7 bb)
    Hero (UTG): $10.15 (101.5 bb)
    MP: $11.27 (112.7 bb)
    CO: $10.10 (101 bb)
    BTN: $13.34 (133.4 bb)
    SB: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:diamond: K:spade:
    Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) T:heart: 8:club: 8:heart: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.65) 4:diamond: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9.35 and is all-in, BB calls $3.97 and is all-in

River: ($15.59) 9:club: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

[spoil]Results: $15.59 pot ($0.70 rake)
    Final Board: T:heart: 8:club: 8:heart: 4:diamond: 9:club:
    BB showed A:diamond: 8:diamond: and won $14.89 ($7.12 net)
    Hero showed K:diamond: K:spade: and lost (-$7.77 net)
    [/spoil][/hand_history][/converted_hand]

He check/raised me on the turn, and I reraised here, because he wasn't representing too much hand, he hadn't got a full stack. The Villain was unknown. But I assume it was a bad play from me.

Hi Nocco,

I'm actually more concerned about this check-raise than the one in the AA hand. In that hand the turn card made a bunch of worse hands possible in his raising range, plus the guy was very loose/unpredictable. In this hand the turn is a total blank unless he's got specifically 44. He's not likely check-raising the turn with worse pairs, those would just be calling down, and a flopped draw if it was going to play aggressive would usually do so right on the flop (in the AA hand the villain could have turned a bunch of draw potential, but here there's no turned draws). So I think we are either looking at 8x, TT, a very rare 44, or a total bluff. Without reads, I think the baluga theorem applies more in this case.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.