PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 34o limped pot turn broke?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 34o limped pot turn broke?

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $9.85 (98.5 bb)
    BTN: $8.32 (83.2 bb)
    SB: $10 (100 bb)
    Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)
    MP: $16.57 (165.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:club: 3:club:
    2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.25) 4:spade: 2:heart: 6:diamond: (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.65) 5:diamond: (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.46, BTN raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.64

River: ($2.85) 8:spade: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets $2.10, Hero folds

When I played this hand the opponent was pretty unknown, but seems fishy. So he raised me on the turn. I was afraid of a higher straight, so I just called, and check/fold the river, because the eight was a really bad card for me. What is the best play here?

Hi Nocco,

Limping the button is definitely fishy so even as an unknown until I see different I think the villain is fishy. I'm generally not folding my straight to a fish. I guess if he's got a 7 I'm going to pay him off, fishy players take weird lines all the time and I see this kind of thing even at 25 and 50nl regularly from the fish, they'll turn over worse hands (2 pair or even some random bluff) often enough to make it profitable.

I like your flop bet, and turn bet. I'm debating to reraise the turn or not. I'd like to get value from the fishy guy with a reraise but I'm always thinking with a 4 liner to a straight on the board it's obvious we have the 3 when we reraise. Either way is ok I think. But when we do flat call and then check the river, we look like we don't have a straight and are asking to get bluffed so I think we have to call this guy down now.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.