PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do

Senario is you limp in with about 4 others and it gets check all around until river. One player bets and everyone folds. They win pot. Now heres my question. There on board is 2 jacks and an ace. Now next hand dealt and you get JAo would you play that hand knowing that jacks and aces were just played the hand before?

Hi dopplerboyf5!

If the right scenario hits, ABSOLUTELY! Each hand is it's own individual trial that has no bearing on prior hands. It's its own individual event and cards have no memory.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi doppelerboy, I would snap fold AJo! I only play AA, KK, AKs! jk It entirely depends on table dynamics, position and stack sizes. Even if the previous flop, turn and river had JJA if the situation deems an open raise to 3x in position or flat calling as well 3 betting out of the blinds with AJo I'd most certainly play the hand as it is a strong holding. umbup: Best of luck to you at the tables and thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

I was looking at it as pure odds. You just saw the cards that you would want played in the previous hand. To me this would be a very scary hand to play.

Comment

This came up during a 45 stt. There was a time I got dealt AA twice in a row and each time it was folded to me. But when you see cards being played out I think the odds of the same cards again being played (flop,turn,river) is alot greater! BTW I finished in fourth!!!

Comment

hi doppler for me every hand is a new one. so ive i get dealt AJ as in your scenario im playing it hope to "see" you tonightumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by dopplerboyf5 View Post
              Senario is you limp in with about 4 others and it gets check all around until river. One player bets and everyone folds. They win pot. Now heres my question. There on board is 2 jacks and an ace. Now next hand dealt and you get JAo would you play that hand knowing that jacks and aces were just played the hand before?
              Hi.

The implication of this question is that somehow AJ becomes more or less playable as a result of the fact that JJA had appeared on the previous flop. Under the law of independent trials, once the cards are picked up and randomized, the flop you just saw has absolutely no effect on the flop which is coming.

See this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepen...bility_theory)

-JDean
              Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.