PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6max 5nl, AKo on button facing min 3bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6max 5nl, AKo on button facing min 3bet

Small sample on the guy of 38 hands, he is a 24/5 with a 3bet of 7.7 (1/13), this was his first 3bet didn't have a lot of reads on the opponent other than now he likes the min 3bet with AA. Profitable and OK to get it in here or not?

Hi Darkmajik.

The opp here is pretty passive.

The opp here 3bets, which is out of character.

Normally, if you think he might raise on a 5% range, you;d expect a 3bet range for this guy to be tighter.

Even if you did credit him with the full 5% range to 3bet you (because you are on the BTN, he doesn't "believe you" for instance), you only have about 46% equity versus his raise range. If you tighten him up to a 2% range, you are around 35% equity.

In my opinion, the only reason to 4bet is that you hope he is on a hand he might be willing to fold that could be better than your holding, like a small.med pp. in most cases I am flatting the 3bet, and going to re-assess on the flop depending on whether I hit...

When this guy does not slow down at all, and instead 5bets you, the time to get out of dodge with AKo is right then...

I am really, REALLY doubting a guy this passive is going to 5bet less than AA (or MAYBE KK) very often at all.

So I cannot say I think AKo has much of a chance vs this particular opp at all.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.