PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6max NLHE 88UTG vs multitabler vs Bad LAG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6max NLHE 88UTG vs multitabler vs Bad LAG

Was my line okay ? Would have 3 betting the flop gain more value ? Would have a smaller bet size be more optimal for the turn ?

Hi amniosama!

3betting the flop is certainly an option, but without more info on the BTN opp it is hard to say if that would have been best.

Versus the short stack, your SPR going to the flop argued for a 3bet on a minor over pair + gut shot if you were HU, but commitment versus the larger BTN stack would have been rough for you. A standard size 3bet would have been on the order of making it around 66c to go, leaving you with only $1.28 in your stack with a $1.50+ pot if you get a caller; that is going to stick you certainly for the rest of the short stack (which I'd be fine with), but it could create a pretty sick spot for you if just about any card except a 6 falls, and the BTN stays.

My opinion is that a flop 3bet may have COST you more if a worse card for you fell on the turn and the BTN called, and then bet strongly after a turn check by you.

You could have perhaps considered betting LESS on the turn so that you might be more inviting to loose calls (say on the order of half pot), but the 6 on the turn probably would not have gotten you paid on that size bet either...

Hope it helps.

-JDean
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.