PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL10 AA zoom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL10 AA zoom

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $10.15 (101.5 bb)
    SB: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
    BB: $14.19 (141.9 bb)
    UTG: $10 (100 bb)
    MP: $8.26 (82.6 bb)
    CO: $14.66 (146.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:spade: A:diamond:
    3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 7:diamond: 9:club: J:club: (2 players)
    BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.65) 4:spade: (2 players)
    BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($8.65) 6:club: (2 players)
    BB bets $9.89, Hero folds

[spoil]Results: $8.65 pot ($0.39 rake)
    Final Board: 7:diamond: 9:club: J:club: 4:spade: 6:club:
    Hero mucked A:spade: A:diamond: and lost (-$4.30 net)
    BB mucked and won $8.26 ($3.96 net)
    [/spoil][/hand_history][/converted_hand]

The villain is unknown. What is the good play here?

Hi Nocco,

I'm not thinking we can profitably commit post flop with a high spr and a board texture that is fairly bad for AA, so my preference would be to simply flat call his donk bet in position... it keeps the pot under control, allows him to continue to bluff or "value bet" worse hands, and will get our hand which has decent showdown value in a small or medium pot, to showdown in a small or medium pot, without having to face a tough stack decision.

As played I think the fold on the river is good, a large river bet like this is for value so often. Without reads we don't know if the guy would make a bluff like this, or if he doesn't understand hand values and thinks top pair is this strong, so I would just pass. With reads I might make different decisions at any point in the hand.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.