PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl 6max 2pair river choices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl 6max 2pair river choices

villain is 41/23 over a small sample size and there has been no real spazy play so far my question is should we be raising this river here as played?
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    here is my thinking. on the river i feel this vilain is betting all his top pair 2 pair set and straghts and maybe his K given the week attempt we made on at the turn, so its an easy call at least but if we raise it up i think he folds out alot of his hands. a min raise might see him call with a minimum strong A but really i think our equity drops alot. i did some "stoving" and this is what i came up with second pair + on the river and we have ~85% equity top pair + ~65% AT+ pairs + ~55% 2 pair + ~40% so if we min raise it up we looking at ~ 65% if we go more for 1/2 pot - 2/3 pot ~55% if we rasie and get re raised or evan re shoved ~ 40% and then we should be folding? does my thinking and math work out? and what should me action be?

bump

Comment

Hi pokerpants,

I don't think we can raise this river as played. Can't really see him leading with 1 pair hands, I mean check-call then bet the river into you for a reasonable sized bet, doesn't make sense really. He's saying the 8 helped him, if it did our best chance is K8, not much else makes sense but A8 or the straight.

Bottom line is I don't think a river raise by us gets called by more worse hands than better, so I would just call and show the hand down.

Dave
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks dave after looking back its what i came to thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.