PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2 6max JJ on Kc6dTd vs 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2 6max JJ on Kc6dTd vs 2

Hello, i really need help with this hand, greatly appreciate any comments. There are two hands here, the second was just the previous hand which might give you some idea of the player min betting the flop. I really didn't know what to do here, I decided to bet and fold if i get raised by the btn and probably call (which would've been bad after taking a lot at the pocket 4 hand, b/c i'm guessing that if he raised me here he would've bet the turn, would've been calling and trying to get to a cheap showdown). Since the SB min bets i'm treating it as a check but sometimes min bet at this stakes when they want to get to the river cheaply but I haven't had much exp at 6max. this was a tough spot b/c I def didn't want to get raised, but the SB range here it's pretty wide imo (assuming he is a bad player b/c of the min bet and the pocket 4 hand), but I was worried about the btn. but i didn't want to check and have a diamond or a Q hit. [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #12624412 BB: $6.68 (133.6 bb) UTG: $5.61 (112.2 bb) MP: $12.73 (254.6 bb) Hero (CO): $10.75 (215 bb) BTN: $3.10 (62 bb) 39/28 on 18 hands SB: $4.11 (82.2 bb) 60/0 on 5 hands Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: J:club: 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds Flop: ($0.50) K:club: 6:diamond: T:diamond: (3 players) SB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.38, 2 folds This next hand is just for history (this was the hand right before the JJ) [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #12624402 UTG: $6.68 (133.6 bb) MP: $5.61 (112.2 bb) CO: $12.73 (254.6 bb) Hero (BTN): $10.90 (218 bb) SB: $3.12 (62.4 bb) BB: $3.95 (79 bb) Preflop: Hero is BTN with 4:spade: 4:diamond: 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10 Flop: ($0.32) 6:club: K:club: 5:club: (2 players) BB bets $3.80, Hero folds [spoil]Results: $0.32 pot ($0.01 rake) Final Board: 6:club: K:club: 5:club: Hero mucked 4:spade: 4:diamond: and lost (-$0.15 net) BB mucked and won $0.31 ($0.16 net) [/spoil][/hand_history]
    [/replayer][/converted_hand]

Hi puchium,

I tend to completely ignore small donkbets and treat them as checks. Weaker players do it all the time to try and buy cheap cards or stop you from building a pot.

If I am planning to cbet a given board both for value or as a bluff I will raise to an amount that's around the size I planned the cbet to be. That being said I like your raise and the sizing.

I would probably also fire another barrel on blank turns because of the drawy board texture if I get called by either SB or BTN.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.