PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These hands are (somewhat) similar.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These hands are (somewhat) similar.

In this hand I don't have much of a read on my opponent, but when he bombs the river I feel like I'm beat. He may have bluffed me, but I feel ok with my fold. This flop made me sick. After he check-raises me on the turn I'm confident that I'm beat. I'm wondering if I should have checked back on the turn. I bet thinking that if he has the ace of hearts I want to make him pay to draw, but I don't know if that is smart with possible straights and flushes out there.
    Last edited by hamburglarid; Mon Apr 09, 2012, 07:40 AM. Reason: grammar

Hi ham,

Please limit to 1 hand per post for HA, just start 2 threads in the future so any discussion is always on topic to the single hand being discussed.

In AA hand I think our preflop raise is too small, with 2 limpers I'm probably making this .10-.12c for value. Post flop I would probably pay him off. The guy is playing less than a full stack and as such I think sure we can be beat but we can also see him show up with a lot of goofy stuff as well. The large river bet looks like value usually but we'll see bad players show up with KhQx in spots like this or just Qx without a flush draw thinking they are protecting their hand. Meh, I'm not excited about it be I'd probably call.

In the KK hand yeah it's a definite fold to the check-raise. As to whether or not to check back a street I think it's villain dependent. Both lines have valid reasons. If the villain is loose-passive then I much prefer a bet-fold like like you took. If they are aggressive, tricky, or bluffy then I I would lean towards checking back for pot control planning to call the likely river bet that will be coming.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.