PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL full ring AKs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL full ring AKs

The villain was new to the table (6hands)..By posting this hand i would like to ask about these spots in which we face a min raise post flop against a weak shortstack..I have observed so many hands in which the min raises are bluffs or at the most semi -bluffs..Do share your thoughts on this..

that really depends per villain,

usually weak player minraise with monsters (trips or better) some with two pair. and raise more as (semi)bluffs. with stronger opponents it differs per opponent.

Comment

I play at the 2nl full ring tables too and I think, for the most part, that min-raises mean huge strength. If you are using a hud you should be able to tell who the maniacs are.

Comment

Hi nee,

Min-raises are often a sign of strength when made by weaker players. In the case of a bad short stacker this could mean anything though. Regardless, we have a low spr spot and a big draw, plus showdown value vs. other draws... this is a very easy get it in spot imo, you played it perfectly.

Dave
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes i do agree min raises are signs of strength..but i have even observed quite often these days ..people trying to min raise with a mediocre hand..or very weak 1 pair type hands (thinking that they might catch hold of a bluff cheaply ..and try to scare the raiser)

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.