PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL fullring JJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL fullring JJ

I had only 9 hands on the villain ..and he had limped/checked all of them..was it a fold on the turn itself?..Please comment..

did he ever bet himself?
    usually loose passives bet when they have it.
    usually when i call the turn i commit the rest as well with stacks like that

Comment

Hi Nee0903!

(sorry for delay in answering, I have been under the weather the last day and a half)

This is a tricky spot indeed...

Pre flop, your raise is fine. JJ is a group 1 hand, and certainly stands to be better than normal limp ranges.

You create an SPR of just over 6 going to the flop, and to like stacking off on an over pair only, you'd really want it a BIT lower. Your bet on the flop is fine, as the minimal info you have says this guy WILL call on a lot of worse hands there.

When the top card pairs the turn I do think if you check, you SHOULD fold. Given the info you have upon which to work, this guy would not likely BET a hand like 77/88/99, he would not bet a straight draw, and he is not betting a 3 or 2. So with only 2 outs to draw at, yu cannot hope to get decent odds from any call.

Your info IS minimal though, so I think you could have thought about bet/folding the turn. You cannot really be certain that he may not view a 99/88/77 hand as "enough" to bet behind your check, and if he RAISES, you do have enough info to muck confidently.

The problem with a check/call here is that your info tells you that you ARE beat if he bets, and without any decent draw you might hit to win, if you check the turn, you should FOLD to avoid costing yourself more.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.