PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bb/100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb/100

Math question...

Does anyone of you know how to calculate the win rate / big blind?

Ex. if you play 1000hands at a 10c 25c blinds and you win let us say 150$ what is your win rate at that level?
    ... ...
    Thanks
    Etienne Pace

(150/0.25) / (1000/100) = 60.

Comment

Cheers for that, and what is a good or v good win rate on 0.25nl please?

Etienne

Comment

wow - that is great, wish i could achieve that.

Comment

Originally posted by etipac View Post
          Cheers for that, and what is a good or v good win rate on 0.25nl please? Etienne
          You're smashing it. And if you achieve just half that rate after 10,000 hands you'll still be smashing it umbup:

Comment

Win rate is irrelevant over 1K hands, it's just way too small a sample size. 60bb/100 at this point would simply mean you've run extremely good over a small sample. Not trying to burst your bubble if these are your actual numbers, but it is possible to be a losing player and be up 5 buy ins over 1K hands if you run hot (likewise it's possible to be a long term winning player and be stuck 5 buy ins over 1K hands when running bad).

I wouldn't even consider win rate until you hit 10K hands, and even then consider it only very loosely... really you want 50K+ hands (and 100K is even better) before you start drawing some conclusions about your win rate.

As to what is a good win rate, the answer I usually like to give is "anything that's green". I'm only half joking... the majority of players are not winning players so if you're win rate is positive over a large sample, this is a good thing.

Dave
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Also, there's a difference between bb/100 and BB/100. bb stands for "big blinds" and BB stands for "big bets", where one big bet is two big blinds. If you're over 8 BB/100 (over a large sample, of course) you're pretty much crushing that limit and just keep grinding and improving your game until you can take shots at higher levels.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.