PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River bluff on the river vs typical TAG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River bluff on the river vs typical TAG

Hi Sj,

It's good if you can provide more info on the villain. I know you have reads this time since you call the villain a standard tag.

This is just a fold on the turn. This board hits the villains range hard, it's ok to just pass here with this board texture. I really don't like the raise on the river. There's no reason to turn top/top into a bluff once we pick up showdown value. We're not likely to get any better hands to fold. Although the board looks scary with a 4 liner to a straight, it's blind vs. blind and you'll get less credit for it. Not to mention the villain figures to have a strong hand in this spot fairly often, and trying to get microstakes players to lay down strong hands is not the path to a good win rate. (If his hand wasn't strong he'd usually check the river).

As for the flop line, checking back is good against an aggressive player or one that might check/raise coordinated boards that hit their preflop calling range well. Vs. an ABC TAG I would c-bet HU generally though. I don't think his call OOP with KT is good btw, it's a pretty big (but common) leak.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks dave, I had the same thoughts just wasn´t really sure about the hands I posted. umbup:

Comment

Hi there, I think you played it well but that river raise was bad, with that board the K on the river might be the worse car for you as he will show many 2pair or better so it should be a matter of calling or folding but a tag betting the river with that kind of board is usually hoping you have AK :-)

Hope it helps..

Etienne

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.