PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping play with AA.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trapping play with AA.

no read on the villain.. he just sat down and played 3 hands..

i decided to check, to get value from weaker hands such as TT JJ perhaps QQ. and if he was playing hands like AK AQs I could let a card peel off with too much worry and again in the hope that he´d bluff.

Comment

Hi Sjekkkk,

I think your line is fine here. He's generally going to have a lot of big cards and pocket pairs in his range, checking the flop should get us 2 streets of value from pairs (where as if we just barrel off a competent player will likely only give us 1 street. If we were up against a know fish or calling station I would barrel off since we can get 3 streets from their middle pocket pairs). It also gives big cards a chance to hit a worse pair, and it gives an aggressive player a chance to pickup up the lead and bluff at it. Plus it's a nice balancing line, so we're not always c-betting 100% of the time with overpairs on raggy flops, even though c-betting would be the standard play it's nice to have some balance at levels where more players are prone to noticing such things.

As played I think check/call the river is probably better than betting. Our delayed turn c-bet could still look like AK in the villains eyes, but if we bet again on a very coordinated river card that does not rate to help us, it makes our hand look really strong. But if we check we may induce bets from worse and bluffs as this looks like a great spot to bluff us. And as played I would never check/fold to this river bet, way too many worse hands he can be betting here after this action sequence.

Also we need to note that he both iso-raised a suited connector from the button, and called a sizable 3b with it. On 100 bb stacks this is a spew, and it's good to note he makes it.

Dave
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks dave, I did make the note , I followed your class about effective note making.umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.