PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6Max 2NL Flop Big - Slow Play to River - Now Bet How Much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6Max 2NL Flop Big - Slow Play to River - Now Bet How Much?

I see a cheap flop with ATo in the Big Blind and flop a full house tens full of aces. I am out of position, check call the flop and the turn when they bet. I am then first to act on the river, and want t o lead in with a bet, but was unsure whether to go small or big, so I am wondering what type of bet size is optimal. I have the chips to stack my opponent if I can get them all in. Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Mar 17, 2012, 11:39 AM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Hi Ed,

With no reads you can probably go for a check-raise here. Or if I lead I would usually just make a smaller bet that looks like a blocking bet, to give the villain room to raise me, something between 1/2 and 1/3rd pot.

Personally I think we should be trying to build the pot sooner in this hand. The guy bets the flop he either has an ace or ten most of the time, if he's got trip T's we want to facilitate stacks going in while he's drawing dead, by waiting til the river it looks suspicious and we let him off the hook. If he's just got an ace, by getting the pot bigger early we're most likely to get max value from him. So I think we should be raising right on the flop, or simply leading the flop in a multi-way pot like this, it's the best way to get value long term imo.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.