PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bit confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit confused

Just want some help understanding how much BB i need to make a profit in NLHE. Ive read a few posts on the matter cant get my head round it.

Also is there any usefull links on working out pot odds and implied odds thanks.

Hi mate, i am not quite sure on the question,but i think you are on about how big should your bankroll be to try to make a profit at nlhe.

The answer is that profit is not made by the size of your bankroll but by your abilities as a player.

The recommended buyin amount is a 100 buyin bankroll, so an example would be at 1c 2c nlhe a $80 bankroll. 100 x 80cents min buyin. I think as for the links you were looking for, the information can be found in one off the top tabs. There is probably a video on it.

hope this helps and if I'm wrong on the question my apologies.

Comment

Short answers:

BBs, only one (for inspiration

For odds, I found this video quite interesting.

For the long answers, wait for JDean

Comment

Hello.

The number of buy in's you "need" to keep in action through down swings varies by the type of style you play. The tighter you will tend to be, the lower your BR requirements will be to avoid going bust.

A good rule of thumb would be somewhere between 30 and 60 BI for a given NLHE cash game level.

You should note though, BR management is NOT going to "protect" you from going broke if your skills in all facets of poker are not yet great enough to allow you to show profitability. all BR management techniques can help do is keep you in action LONGER so you might acquire the skills to be a winning player, assuming you do not have them yet.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.