PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat or all in??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat or all in??

If you were the guy who first responded to the all in would you call or go all in with 10 10? Etienne

Hi again Etienne!

Were I the guy with TT here, it would take a pretty WIDE shove range by the UTG player to make me play, but if I did choose to play YES I would go all in.

With the size of the pot, and the size of the stacks behind the TT player, the last thing I would want is to allow highly speculative hands to come along which might them semi bluff me off the pot after I have called. While the blinds might wake up with RACE HANDS a decent amount of the time, a shove gets most of those to fold out, so it is relatively rare I see a hand behind call that crushes me.

Obviously, your KK is a perfectly good hand to call his shove on, but I do not see anything "wrong" with him shoving TT over that jam as long as UTG is quite wide.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
    Last edited by JDean; Sat Feb 18, 2012, 10:16 PM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers!!!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.