PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL Q,Q on BTN facing EP raise & 2 flat callers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL Q,Q on BTN facing EP raise & 2 flat callers

Hi! guys, No solid reads on the opps who stick around to see the flop, they have been on the table for less than 10 hands or so. In hindsight I am not too happy about my bet sizing pre-flop and on the flop, I should have 3bet about $2.50-$2.70 to go pre-flop. Is it easy fold when facing 2 AI's given that we don't have any solid reads or getting 3-1is too good odds to fold in this spot when hand equity is around 53%? Could I have played the hand in any other way? Cheers.

Hi deadeyz,

I agree that the preflop 3b sizing is too small. My general rule of thumb as a starting point is 3x the raise size, adding 1x for each caller. Here that would be 1.80... from there I like adjusting up a bit for value since it seems like there might be some action here. So I'm thinking $2-$2.15 seems good.

On the flop, I'm getting it in. The SPR is 2 with the bigger stack, just over 1 with the smaller one. Basically with this low a stack to pot ratio I know before I see the board that I'm going to commit any time there's no ace or king flopping. Sure we may be beat. Likely by a set if we are, it's hard to range either of these guys on KK or AA given the preflop action. But in a low spr spot they should be willing to commit with many worse hands. All draws might be happy to get it in here, A9, TT, JJ, etc. So yeah, in the long run I think this is +EV to get it in with a big overpair to the board in a low spr spot.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi! Dave,

Thanks for your comments. Would it have been better to jam on the flop once its checked around to us to put the pressure on the opps if they are on draws? Or it doesn't matter we are getting it in either by shoving our self or calling opps shove.

Cheers

Comment

Hi deadeyz,

I don't like overbet shoving on the flop, no. 2-x the size of the pot is a bit too much. It may not get players to fold draws anyway but we don't mind getting it in with a draw, it's fine for us to get it in good. And the pot is sizable enough that we don't mind a draw that has decent equity folding (but I doubt they'll fold draws at this point). But we really don't want to fold out the parts of their range that we have smashed, and an overbet shove is likely to do just that. We want someone feeling like they have to continue with 9x or TT, spazzing out with 88 or other smaller pairs. We gain a lot of value from those holdings. Just a normal c-bet works fine, and if we get called it sets up a reasonable turn shove for us. If we overbet shove we're less likely to get value from spazz hands which have poor equity, but will still get called by better hands and hands that have good equity in the pot (like a flush draw + 1 overcard for example).

Dave
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave, so all in all I think I played the OK apart from my pre-flop bet size which I need to learn a lesson from this experience.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.