PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmm Too much for a hand like mine...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm Too much for a hand like mine...

So this happened to me after I did about 2hours on this table but player always played good and normal poker. he looks solid enough 20/9. So I flop a straight and they check.. Turn Flush possible and I have a re draw the the 2nd nuts but on the river it pairssssss and I bet and he goes all in....... would you call??? Etienne

hi m8t quality fold,i think the op had the ace diamonds and jack of spades maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
      hi m8t quality fold,i think the op had the ace diamonds and jack of spades maybe?
      actually after watching this again im thinking 8 diamonds?

Comment

Hi Etienne, This is a very easy fold tbh. He's shoving for $5+ into a pot of .45c. Our hand may look strong on the surface but it's really not, we've got something like the 40th nuts (ok I didn't count exactly, but we can not beat the 8d, Ad, or any full house). Our hand really amounts to nothing more than a bluff catcher, since we can only beat bluffs on this board (i.e. any hand shoving for value on this board is beating us). Is the villain bluffing half the time? No, he's never bluffing nearly this often, not a guy who plays 20/9. This is almost always a value shove. I would have bet again on the turn tbh, as I think we can get value from lower straights, 2 pair, sets, the single Ad, and maybe even top pair vs. a weak player. As played, no hesitation folding to the shove. umbup: Dave
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hehehehe dave the 40th nuts m8t found that funny lol

Comment

The funny thing is someone in here who will read this post will actually try to count it!!! Thanks guy!!

Comment

Nut: Qd8d
              2nd Nut to 44th Nut: 8dx (43 possible combo's that are not Qd8d, nor one of your cards/board cards)
              45th Nut: JJ
              46th Nut: JT
              47th Nut: J9
              48th Nut: J7
              49th Nut: TT
              50th Nut: 99
              51st Nut: 77
              52nd to 95th Nut: Adx (43 combo's that do not contain an 8d, nor one of your cards/board cards)
              96th Nut: Kdx

Saying 40th Nut was a bit of an understatement...

(Please note, the single card hands that make up most of what beats you, are counted as individual combo's, simply because they can be made multiple ways. An arguement can be made that with only a single card making the Ad or 8d hands, each of those should be counted just once; afterall, you cannot have Ad3s AND Ad7c. But even so, we are looking at best having the 11th nut hand.)
              Last edited by JDean; Sun Feb 05, 2012, 06:03 AM.
              Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JDean View Post
                we are looking at best having the 11th nut hand.)
                ^^This. 40th nuts sounded funnier though.
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

heheh dave and i envy your mind jd.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.