PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone check if I played it well?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone check if I played it well?

The only reads I have is that this guy always buys for about 50bb so maybe he is playing the short stack game. aka wait for a good or premium and push. I believe pre flop and post flop are fine ey Etienne

Originally posted by etipac View Post
    The only reads I have is that this guy always buys for about 50bb so maybe he is playing the short stack game. aka wait for a good or premium and push. I believe pre flop and post flop are fine ey Etienne
    Hi Etienne, I think you played this one fine. Pre flop, MP AJs is a decent hand to raise up. Had this guy jammed pre flop, it would have been a dice-y call given the info you have, but you did not face that. The SPR vs the effective stack that called you was quite low (around 3), so when you flop a strong draw it is in your interests to work to get the chips in, before your draw starts to shrink in value. Your actions on the flop did that nicely. When you spike the A on the turn, yeah you could be beaten, but the fact the villain called your flop action means he probably has a pp and not a bigger Ace, or he would likely have shoved the flop given your info. He did have a pp, and your A held. All in all, this was quite a well played hand in my opinion Etienne! Good job, hope it helps. -JDean
    Last edited by JDean; Wed Jan 25, 2012, 10:05 PM.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by JDean View Post
        Hi Etienne,

I think you played this one fine.

Pre flop, MP AJs is a decent hand to raise up.
        Had this guy jammed pre flop, it would have been a dice-y call given the info you have, but you did not face that.

The SPR vs the effective stack that called you was quite low (around 3), so when you flop a strong draw it is in your interests to work to get the chips in, before your draw starts to shrink in value. Your actions on the flop did that nicely.

When you spike the A on the turn, yeah you could be beaten, but the fact the villain called your flop action means he probably has a pp and not a bigger Ace, or he would likely have shoved the flop given your info.
        He did have a pp, and your A held.

All in all, this was quite a well played hand in my opinion Etienne!

Good job, hope it helps.

-JDean
        IS Etienne in MP or is he in EP. I usually use blinds the 3 for EP then 2 Mp and 2LP for a 9 handed table.

Have to say I like the play too and was going to say i use the 4x in Early and 3X in Middle.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I prefer to use a 4x blinds as a raise for everything like that I am always standard and people don t have solid read on my raises.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.