PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being priced in...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being priced in...

I had no reads on this one. A7 off from BB is not a good hand and I usually quickly fold it but someone else called too so I opted to see a flop. Question is did I play it right or was I too aggressive? Etienne

Hi Etienne!

To answer your main question, no you were not too aggressive at all. Calling along with the pre flop raise set up a very low/medium SPR just over 6 going to the flop. In order to get max value from 2 pair, you are going to have to play aggressively to build the pot quickly on that depth of money. Your C/R on the flop, then an all in on the turn of just over pot size does that quite nicely, and it leaves it up to the remaining villain whether to call on less. So your aggression was just fine.

I do, however, have an issue with your ranging that may or may not make calling along with A7o here good...

As you are going to be closing the betting, you can KNOW what the SPR going to the flop is for you to call. Since that was on the low end of a medium SPR, that really does not favor stacking off with just a top pair/weak kicker. I think if A7o stood to be a good hand against both ranges you were facing, I'd have prefered to RAISE pre to make committing on an A a lot easier, or to be able to represent a stronger hand on continuation. If you cannot raise confidently versus the ranges here, then a cheap fold is better I think.

Afterall, it isn't often you are going to flop 2 pair...

Hope it helps.

-JDean
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.