PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call or Fold on River?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call or Fold on River?

playing 19 / 16 over 75 hands was defending blinds aggressively quite high 3bet in both SB and BB

Lol is this a trick question?
    There's exactly 4 hands that have you beat here 3 combos of AA an 1 combo 33
    I think that sums up my answer..
    Oh! And ouch. I think you played it great.
    Last edited by mtnestegg; Tue Jan 10, 2012, 09:53 PM.
    May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Hi Dive, I would never, ever fold to his river raise. Ever. (And I pretty much never say never ever in poker too lol) Like mtn said you have the 3rd nuts. The villain hasn't even played his hand consistently with how we'd expect him to play AA (I'm a bit surprised he had it tbh). But we're only losing to that and quads. Other hands you'll see players turn over here: 88, A3, 3x, flushes, AT... and then there's the spaz factor hands (like where a villain overvalues AK/AQ, tries some silly bluff repping the ace, etc). All in all, yes it's possible you're beat, but it's not probable, and in fact vs. a reasonable range of hands the villain can play in this manner you're actually a huge favorite to have the winner. I would play it exactly the way you did every time, put him the rest of the way in to maximize value from his range as we should be good way more often than not in this spot. umbup: Dave
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

oh well.. i think u did play the hand good.. just unlucky that he had AA lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
          Hi Dive, I would never, ever fold to his river raise. Ever. (And I pretty much never say never ever in poker too lol) should be good way more often than not in this spot. umbup: Dave
          You forgot a couple dave. Let me help you out...way, way, way, way, way
          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

If

If we start folding when we dont have the 1st nuts we would be better stop playing... shove it and if it ends up badly just try not to tilt! One day you will be the lucky one mate.

Etienne

Comment

Ty for all feedback I am just trying to determine that am not spewing

Comment

Hi all!

+1 to what everyone has said.

Going to the river your SPR is under 3.

I'd be sick to my stomach if I folded your boat and he showed AT or A3 after building that large a pot with a near lock on the hand...

Just cooler...but they happen.
                Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.