PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flopped 2pr oop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flopped 2pr oop

opponent had been at the table about 6hands or so and the only hand I'd seen him involved in went to the rivr where he cbet the flop, called a donk lead on the turn, and then bombed the rivr when chked to after an ace came for about 3/4 to 4/5 pot. Do you like my sizings in this hand?
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi rule,

I generally don't check-raise this large in these spots as sane opponents don't call with many worse hands (I would c/r to .25-.28c here)... but against poor opponents that will call with strong 1 pair hands and draws even for the larger amount, it's always good to extract extra value with bigger bet sizing. Even without reads, it's 2NL so making a general assumption they may be weak players and increasing the sizing is ok imo.

On the turn I'd bet a bit close to 2/3rds of the pot, with the goal being to make it easier for a strong 1 pair hand to call off the rest on the river (we can't count on villains raising us all in very often in this spot... in fact his raise is terrible as your flop action shows a ton of strength so he should never really expect to fold you out and thus he's essentially just charging himself the maximum to draw to the nuts).

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.