PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL - Thin River Spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL - Thin River Spot

Villain is 17/13/3 3bet over 400 hands. We've been in a few pots together, and I've watched some of his hands and I've noted him as a thinking player (defo Lvl.2). He will bluff at a board that is perceived to hit his range.

The flop is standard.

But the Turn confuses me. Betting the flop, then not to bet the Turn gets me thinking!!! Is our villain pot controlling here with PP's 88-22, 8x, 76, AJ, AK? If he has AA, KK, AQ,KQ, KJ, Tx, Qx J9 he is betting the Turn for value, as he knows Tx, J9 is such a slim part of my Btn calling range.

River - given his line do we think its a good spot to lead, turning our hand into somewhat of a bluff and rep KQ, KJ, Tx, J9. Or would we be better checking back the here, and call/fold if bet to? Hands that are calling have us beat.

Betting the River is thin, but his line sways me somewhat.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1577569
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $10.72
    BB: $4.60
    CO: $10.00
    BTN: $13.17

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 9 9
    CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) T 8 Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.70) T (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.70) 2 (2 players)
    Hero ???

interesting spot.

Raising pre, then value betting the flop, they should have a pocket pair or hit a part of the flop.

When the opp checks behind, they're most likely using pot control, because they're scared of the 10.

If you wanted to try to rep a 10 and turn your 99 into a bluff, I think you really needed to lead out on the turn, instead of waiting until the river to make a bet.
    If you lead out on the river, you're not going to get called by any worse hands, but only get called by Qx, 10x or higher pockets than you.
    Due to that, I'm checking and seeing what the opp does.. and calling/folding, depending on the size of their bet. If they do check it down, your hand does have some showdown value.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.