PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

correct fold or bad fold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct fold or bad fold

hey guys my first posting on here, and wuld like to know what kind of hand poeple would put this guy on and if i played it corectly or not. he played alot of hands but was very passive so the fact that he re-raised me on the flop then raised me on the turn made me think i was very much beat.
    in general the table was loose and normaly they would fold to a bet.

PokerStars Game #71839724565: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05 USD) - 2011/12/08 23:02:51 WET [2011/12/08 18:02:51 ET]
    Table 'Dardanos II' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: t-rask81 ($7.64 in chips)
    Seat 2: lsdbaku ($5 in chips)
    Seat 3: quirquinchoo ($5.18 in chips)
    Seat 4: Jswall8 ($7 in chips)
    Seat 5: catrayx ($5 in chips)
    Seat 6: toypodre ($1.68 in chips)
    Seat 8: guima11 ($5.25 in chips)
    Seat 9: TRIGGER1964 ($20.40 in chips)
    quirquinchoo: posts small blind $0.02
    Jswall8: posts big blind $0.05
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Jswall8 [Kd Tc]
    catrayx: folds
    toypodre: folds
    guima11: calls $0.05
    TRIGGER1964: folds
    t-rask81: calls $0.05
    lsdbaku: calls $0.05
    quirquinchoo: folds
    Jswall8: raises $0.20 to $0.25
    guima11: calls $0.20
    t-rask81: calls $0.20
    lsdbaku: folds
    *** FLOP *** [9d Ks 4c]
    Jswall8: bets $0.40
    guima11: calls $0.40
    t-rask81: raises $0.90 to $1.30
    Jswall8: calls $0.90
    guima11: calls $0.90
    *** TURN *** [9d Ks 4c] [8s]
    Jswall8: checks
    guima11: checks
    t-rask81: bets $3
    Jswall8: folds
    guima11: folds
    Uncalled bet ($3) returned to t-rask81
    t-rask81 collected $4.49 from pot
    t-rask81: doesn't show hand
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $4.72 | Rake $0.23
    Board [9d Ks 4c 8s]
    Seat 1: t-rask81 collected ($4.49)
    Seat 2: lsdbaku (button) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: quirquinchoo (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: Jswall8 (big blind) folded on the Turn
    Seat 5: catrayx folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: toypodre folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: guima11 folded on the Turn
    Seat 9: TRIGGER1964 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

3 people limped before you and you're out of position with a hand that is marginal at best. In this situation, do not raise preflop. It will only get you into deeper trouble. Check and see the flop, especially since you are out of position.

On the flop you get top pair with a weak kicker. The other two opps limp/called preflop, which puts their hand on something most likely marginal (small pairs, KQ, KJ, QJ, Ax). Since you're in the hand and raised pre, the c-bet is fine. When called, then raised, you need to muck becuase you're almost always beat here. They either hit a set or have a K with a higher kicker.

The turn 8 doesn't change anything, as that card really can't have helped either of your opponents. If you're going to call the flop raise, you need to value bet the turn.... BUT.... you should have been out of the hand by now. When the opp bets $3, muck quickly. They have the same range that would raise your flop bet, set or K with higher kicker and either way, you're beat.
    ----------------

Welcome to the forum. Please see the attached link from the new members coordinator, as it will help with getting to know the site. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...etting-Started

Here are a couple of the videos that you will want to watch, as they deal with position and ranging the opponents hands. They will be a good place for you to start.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...on-23-Position
    http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...3-Hand-Reading
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You don't really gain anything by raising preflop. No point in bloating the pot with a 1-pair type hand out of position. Bet/fold the flop. You can get value from a ton of worse hands but what worse hand is he raising with? You were beat on the flop and you're still beat on the turn.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.