PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom Value betting the set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom Value betting the set

Been a while since went/posted on this forum , so lets post a hand!

https://www.boomplayer.com/nl/30529281_65D3250212

Preflop Thoughts : Very strong 3 bet from BB , only called because their was a possiblity button would flat call also.
    Flop thought: BB bets weak on semi-wet board ( put him on J-J or A-high) , so i call ( i block a spade , so i dont give away to much equity i think)
    Turn thoughts:. BB gives up on turn and checks , still have the nuts , highly unlikely someone has 8-J.

me: No idea how to bet the turn , i dont like the 9 so i dont want to bet weak size to half pot. So i bet around 65% of pot.

Any thoughts how to get he most value out of this hand?

KandoPoker

I wouldn't say on the flop that the bet is weak.. it's just under half pot. Postflop bet sizes over the last year or so have been trending downward in the game, so even 1/3 pot isn't always going to be a weak bet.

I am going to raise the flop bet. Make it 66 cents. If I get called, I'll size the turn bet just above half pot if both opps stay, just under half pot if only one calls.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

JWK24

Doesnt min raise make me polarized ? ( that im very strong and that i want more money in the pot) , maybe 3x raising here on the flop gives me more bluffs in my range?
      Or am i overthing this while this is 2NL.

Comment

KandoPoker

You are overthinking it a bit... if the board was broadway cards (more likely to hit the opp) then I'd raise more. We've got top set, so the only hands the opp can continue with here are basically weak 1 pairs or overcards... so if we bet too big, they're going to fold. The only big hands the opp can have are undersets (not likely), as 2 pair combos don't make sense on this flop.

Most opps in the player pool will also raise a flush draw on the flop.. so if they make the mistake of thinking we're on a draw and they do have a hand like JJ, then they could come over the top of us.. which is a jackpot for us. I don't want to click it back (that looks polarized.. monster or someone clicking buttons), but I'd rather raise to an amount that we can get called easier, by the opp's range of holdings. If we go too big, then we're only getting called by an underset or overpair or nut flush draw... can the opp have one of them, yes, but it's not likely.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
        Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

In HU pot i'm calling this,in mw i'm raising this bet so hard. Bu range is the one who's can hit this board much,and i don't want to give him extra cards to outdraw me.
          My backstory: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...old-new-member

My diary: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...3-diary-of-tau

Comment

Pre flop easy call even BB very tight. You have got position against BB and i thinked BB always 3beted AK even play very tight. Post flop i do not like just call because BB if have got AA he never fold and most of time he not fold KK too and the problem BU easiest call with draws, flush draw or 89, 68. And sometimes BB cbet if he AsKs or AsQs hands.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.