PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Prizepool Madness Freeroll

Prizepool Madness Freeroll

On March 31st, the Prizepool Madness Freeroll will take place. The current prize pool is a hefty $10,000, but with your help we will grow this. Can we count on you?

See more
See less

Cash Game Hand Spotlight #2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash Game Hand Spotlight #2

Would you have played this hand any differently? Vote now and comment below why so? There will be spot prizes for the best answers.

I think we could have got more value for this hand.
    100.00%
    I think we got about as much value from this hand as we could have.
    0%

I think we could have got more value from the hand by betting the flop. The board is very wet and there a lot of cards that can come on the turn that are scare cards for both villain and hero. At the same time there may be cards that can come that will make villains hand. His original raise from mid position means his range leans towards high broadway hands possibly suited as well as mid to high pairs. The time to bet is the flop, as it will draw calls from his draws and over pairs. A good sized flop bet of 3/4 pot would get more value.

When the third spade comes hero can check the turn and hope to induce a bluff from villain on the river.

Comment

I want a 3rd option: Pre folding and move to the next hand. This pre call is too fishy,i don't care we have a suited hand and realizing that our opp is weak so we have tons of an implied odds,our position is really bad,and if we get a squeeze we threw a lot of chips out of the window...

Golden rule at micro: Never slowplay! So flop i bet,he can check some overpairs which would definitely call this bet. Sometimes he can have a draw which he want to play an x/r,so i'm totally want to bet against these.

Turn bigger bet,one spade combos will lovely call you.

River lower bet,targeting his overpair hand,and he could call it with an AT.
      My backstory: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...old-new-member

My diary: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...3-diary-of-tau

Comment

I think a bet on the flop and or a 1//2 on the turn would have gotten us the max here.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I guess pre flop fold, only i call if i know the open raiser maniac. And fold lot of draws which we protect my hand and get value the draws so bet the flop and turn too and not small bet. If turn villain raise interesting but if we get good odds call, if not fold.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.