PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

SCOOP 2019

Earn Tickets to SCOOP and play for a share of $75,000,000+ GTD!

See more
See less

The Secrets of Spin & Go Success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiak47 View Post
    what is the secret behind sit and go ?
    The blind are usually a small portion of your starting stack in the first two rounds. Many novice players in these tournaments make the mistake of not protecting their monsters hands like AA and KK pre-flop by making small raises. If you happen to pick up a monster in the early stages of a sit and go then you should try to get as much money in the pot while you (most likely) still have the best hand. Conversely, if it seems clear that you are beat after the flop, turn, or river, don't be afraid to get away from the hand. There is still a lot of poker to be played!

When the blinds are low, you should be playing suited connectors and suited gap connectors, especially when in position, because it costs you a very small percentage of your stack. You are looking to hit a flop hard with 2 pair or to flop a strong draw. Often people under-bet the pot with top pair to keep people in the hand, so you will get a great price to draw to your straight or flush.

Now when you do have big hands like AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ, and so forth, it’s key to play them correctly. With big pairs, you want to raise 3-4 times the big blind. Your ideal situation is to get 2-3 callers and isolate yourself with someone who flops top pair and is a 7 to 10 underdog against your overpair. The level of play in these tournaments is such that people will often commit themselves with top pair, even if they have a poor kicker. But remember, you want to narrow the field on the flop, don’t make bets so small that people with weak hands get the odds to call and chase you down. With big drawing hands like AK-AJ, KQ, etc… you still want to raise 3-4 times the big blind. If you don’t hit the flop, it’s ok to let these hands go, because you haven’t invested too much in the pot. When you hit top pair with any of the aforementioned hands, you will almost always have the best hand and should feel comfortable playing it for all your chips in most situations. Someone people will disagree with me here, but the level of play in these tournaments is quite poor, especially at the lower buy-in levels, and you want to take advantage of this.

Comment

in short term there is luck involve, best play is against passive players or when multiplier is 3x and better, then aggro players don't rush with junk all in other wise is just rullet

Comment

i went to sleep and make some math on spin and go, profitable play when multiplier is x2 win rate must be 60%, if multiplier hits x4+ win rate must be 40%-50%, win rate ken be reduced if you win all x4+.

Comment

Originally posted by KingErce View Post
          i went to sleep and make some math on spin and go, profitable play when multiplier is x2 win rate must be 60%, if multiplier hits x4+ win rate must be 40%-50%, win rate ken be reduced if you win all x4+.
          Sorry I don't understand your comment can. You explain please? What do you mean in your sleep?

Comment

profitable play in spin and go, you have to win 60% of them that means on 10 plays with multiplier you have to win 6 of them.
            if you hit multiplier 4x+ and you win this, your win rate must be 40%-50%, from 10 plays you have to win 4 or 5 but you have to win 4x multiplier and you can lose to ,
            bigger multiplier mean less you need to win, so professionals go all in to and play better on 4x +.
            P.S.
            sorry four mine English, not mine mother language i hope, i wrote it korektli.

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post

Hi sp0own, you might like this video on Heads Up Spin & Go strategy then.
              This is a really good suggestion . thank you very much !

Comment

This is great stuff, its matter of mastering what you learn and applying it at the game, great adivice.

Comment

Thank you, information is great for those games.

Comment

Great article!

Comment

Its over way to fast for me I played 2 dollar game

Comment

Sounds like fun

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.