PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Mac User Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Mac User Here

Hey Poker community,

I use Mac OS and was wondering if someone can enlighten me as to which Poker tools I should take a look into.

I'm a newbie to online poker technology so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

**Troll mode ON**

The best tool would be to buy a new Window PC :P

**Troll mode OFF**

Pokertracker 4 works on MAC, not HoldemManager 2. A another good option, but costly, is to have a Bootcamp with Windows!

Cheers,
    Spy474

Comment

I use PT4 for Mac. Sadly, the HUD doesn't work on a system that is more secure than Windows...

I run Windows on Parallels for all my HUD play and I've set up Postgress to run on my Mac which is accessible for Windows so all hands are available on both OSes.

If you just want to run hand equities, I find ProPokerTools works well.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have an iMac and use Poker CoPilot which is excellent....and I don't think their marketing blub on their website shows it off in its best light....however there is a Free Trail period--so give it a go.

There is also iHoldemIndicator which is a HUD and also shows you the value of your hands etc..check out their website too

Comment

Originally posted by Saturnation View Post
          I use PT4 for Mac. Sadly, the HUD doesn't work on a system that is more secure than Windows...

I run Windows on Parallels for all my HUD play and I've set up Postgress to run on my Mac which is accessible for Windows so all hands are available on both OSes.

If you just want to run hand equities, I find ProPokerTools works well.
          I'm not sure what you are talking about, PT4's HUD works flawlessly on Mac. The only thing it doesn't support is a HUD for Zoom.

As for equity calculations, to the OP, use WineBottler/WINE and then install Equilab on Mac OS X.

Comment

Hi just letting you know I had to PM my reply as it contains links to a product and free trial and it is against T & C of PSO to post link here.
            Anyway the Anzac Homegames Club (PStars Homegames) forum page I gave you contains a range of HUDs for most Poker variants Holdem-MTT/SNG/CAsh Games and work on Mac and also are suitable for ZOOM.
            There are links there for Stud-inc H/L- Omaha -inc 08 -Razz also ,so think it covers most of your needs.
            Please ,any questions or advice re set up etc ,just ask ,either here,on twitter @LostInPoker ,or as I mentioned in PM in the Anzac Chat Table ,you ( all in fact) are welcome to join ID 762695 invite 20132013
            Regards
            Brett

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.