PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-Bet + Stats in HM2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-Bet + Stats in HM2

Can someone explain the 4-Bet + stats for HM2?

Example of villain's 4-Bet + stats on large sample!

4B Range: 3
    5B Range: 3
    Cold 4B+: 2

What do these numbers mean?
    How do I use these numbers to decide what hands I can 5B-6B shove for value?

** moved to Poker Software and Hardware **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

4bet range is an estimate of the percentage range of hands you 4bet, based on PFR% in unraised pots and 4bet%. For example, if you open raise 15% of hands and then if 3bet you choose to 4bet 20% of the time, you are 4betting 1/5 of your 15% range which represents a 3% range. So you 4bet range is 3%.

5bet range is similar, taking your 3bet% and multiplying by 5bet% to find your effective 5bet range.

Cold 4bet+ is just the percentage of times you choose to raise as your first action in a pot which has already seen at least a 3bet.

In your example,the villain's 4 and 5 bet ranges are about 3% so we might estimate their approx ranges to do this as something like JJ+ and AK. Obviously, it takes a lot of hands before these stats converge to anything meaningful, and even then I suspect they can be distorted pretty quickly by a few hands played against maniacs or against super nits, where the ranges might be very different. So these range stats do have to be treated very cautiously.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.