PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advanced poker books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advanced poker books

Hy everyone, I was wondering what advanced book would you recommend for 45man SnGs, and 6-max Zoom. I`m going to watch some great videos here, but what books would you recommend.
    Thx

What kind of stakes are you playing?
    I ask because you don't really need "advanced" knowledge to beat the micros. That said, just about any poker book written in the past couple of years has some worthwhile content, but videos and training sessions are naturally more up to date with the latest trends.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thx Arty, yea I tend to watch more videos and live training, because they are more up to speed of todays play

Comment

How advanced we talking here?

Applications of No Limit Holdem by Matt Janda is pretty advanced: http://www.amazon.com/Applications-N.../dp/1880685558

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
          How advanced we talking here?

Applications of No Limit Holdem by Matt Janda is pretty advanced: http://www.amazon.com/Applications-N.../dp/1880685558
          It is indeed.

I bought it, got about twenty pages in, and then considered the fact that I was playing the micros and having 4bet calling ranges in order to not be exploitable wasn't essential in all likely hood. I'll probably go back to it once I have grown my bankroll after a large cash out before Christmas. Once I am looking to move up again.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.