PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Hud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Hud

I dont use a hud, mainly because i not that computer savvy, though i know a lot of players do.

So yesterday i thought that instead of letting players with huds know my style i played in 50/£1 9 player cash nlhe. I only sat in for 15 minutes and then moved to another table again for a 15 minute period, walked away with a very good profit.

My question is do the huds keep the player information in its history if i keep moving tables so rapid.

Cheers

A HUD only keeps data for anyone that was sat on the same table. So if someone is with you for 25 hands, then he'll only have stats for you for 25 hands. That sample size is virtually meaningless, but it will be "remembered" forever by the tracker, so you if you sit with one of the same players in the future, he'll already have 25 hands of info about you.
    That said, players' styles change overtime. I have some HUD stats from two years ago. Some of the players that were terribly loose/bad back then might be a lot more solid if I ran into them today.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

xxxx Post Moved to more appropriate forum -xxxxx

Comment

hi besides the HUD question be aware what you are doing is not liked by players,the hit and run style of table changing,you may find it hard to get a good table in fututre as players will just leave or sitout as soon as you join game.'
        good luck

Comment

Originally posted by brettnz View Post
          ...........be aware what you are doing is not liked by players,the hit and run style of table changing,you may find it hard to get a good table in fututre as players will just leave or sitout as soon as you join game.'
          good luck
          Hi brettnz,
          Yes it is true
          BUT, I'm one that will prone leaving the table with a profit and opening a new one
          The main goal of poker is to make money, ANY way possible and that is one of them.
          As for a good table in the future, there will always be a table available. So many people play and on an average you will always see 2-3 players you've seen before.
          Now I probably wouldn't do it at 200NL and higher as most players are regulars. (unless you play Zoom)

But Mike, if you really insist on leaving, play Zoom, you can leave anytime and comeback anytime and most players won't even notice it

Comment

Sandtrap yes zoom proberly the go,just with all the talk of ratholing "going South" anti software at moment its not hard to get listed as one ,rightly or wrongly .

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.