PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all in adj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all in adj

not sure where this goes but i ll try here
    checking my play via pt4 and looking at all in adj and BB
    seems to me that the adj chip is of more value in a cash aspect and the all in adjBB would apply more to tourney and sng play .correct or misguided?
    6 Time Bracelet Winner

** moved to Poker Software & Hardware **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It's not actually a useful stat in either format to be honest. It just shows you how much you would have won if you'd won exactly your equity share (of the pot in cash games, and the prize pool in tourneys) when all the money went in. e.g. If you got all in with 80% equity and lost, then you won 0% of the pot, so are well below EV. If you won 100% of the pot, you were a bit above EV. There's nothing you can do to control how lucky you are in all in situations, so it's not a stat you should bother looking at, except perhaps to confirm that you're running bad if your results have been worse than usual.
      I wrote a bit more about All in EV in this blog (see the section: "Why are there 2 lines on the graph?")
      In tourneys, most losing players run a bit below EV, because for the vast majority of tourneys, you're all in and losing the final hand (you don't gain some of the first place money just because you had 50% equity when you busted in second place for example).
      In the long run, the EV line will be usually be fairly close to the net winnings, but it's not uncommon for some unfortunate people to suffer from terminal runbad, while others will run way above EV for life. It's just variance (i.e. luck), and there's nothing you can do about it, so just focus on making good decisions with the things you can control.
      Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Thu Nov 14, 2013, 10:09 PM.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty arty was just wondering because like all stats, on it s own its not much good umbup:umbup:
        6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.