PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Poker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Poker

I love to watch Poker, whether it's a movie involving poker, like Rounders or The Cincinnati Kid or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, to watching live events or precorded events of cash games and tournaments. Can anybody tell me of any DVD's I can find to watch of past games or even movies to watch.
    Thanks, TV is just so boring.
    Inspecta555

I don't really bother with DVDs so much any more, as so much is available to stream online (if you have broadband). Other than YouTube, my number 1 destination is http://www.pokerstars.tv/ with the EPT and PCA events being my favourites. The Stapes/Harts commentary double act has overtaken Chad/McEachern for me, but there's always some new footage from online events being added to the archives if you'd prefer it to be more serious than entertaining.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I just subscribed to your channel earlier, I'm hoping to learn loads from it umbup: I have the Pokerstars TV App on my phone which is always great to have Pokerstars tv at my fingertips, and you are quite right about Stapes/Hart commentary they are worth watching for comedy value alone, plus I do like to hear Stapes' thoughts on the action at the tables. I will check out more of the Youtube videos thanks. Keep up the good work, I love this game and I really really would like to improve mine. Regards Inspecta555

Comment

I used to watch the Sunday Million replays with commentary every week. Really entertaining and interesting. Rounders is an awesome movie, though I think Matt Damon makes a lot of really bad decisions LOL. I guess playing it safe/smart doesn't make for a good movie though

Comment

I get to record a bit of poker from the shows broadcast over here so it's not all doom and gloom.
          I make far worse decisions than he does in the film, when I can stop making these bad bad mistakes my game will improve. I'm not gonna give any examples, they're just stupid bluff attempts generally.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.