PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PokerTracker or HoldemManager ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PokerTracker or HoldemManager ?

I heard PokerTracker and HoldemManager are industry standards. I am planning to buy one of these. Can you guys suggest one? Which is most popularly used?

I took free trial for both. But I am confused how to use these. Lot complicated, is there any tutorial/video in pokerschoolonline how to use these tools? I know both these tools have videos how to use the tool. But I am looking for the videos in pokerschoolonline - how to use the tools to improve my poker play?

Hi LastTricks! Both are the standards and it's up to personal preference as to which one you like better. Here is a video from Dave that goes into HUD usage. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello LastTricks,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

Afraid I have no experience with HEM so I can't compare but I found PokerTracker pretty easy to use after just a short time just messing about with it. The main thing I wasn't sure on at first was what stats to use and how to set up my HUD but one of our trainers Andy had a great couple of classes on a really good basic HUD for PT4. Here's a link to Part1 and Part2.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by LastTricks View Post
        I heard PokerTracker and HoldemManager are industry standards. I am planning to buy one of these. Can you guys suggest one? Which is most popularly used?

I took free trial for both. But I am confused how to use these. Lot complicated, is there any tutorial/video in pokerschoolonline how to use these tools? I know both these tools have videos how to use the tool. But I am looking for the videos in pokerschoolonline - how to use the tools to improve my poker play?

I have used both, both are great and both take a little getting used to. they basically do the same things. After the trial of Holdem manager was up I did continue with Poker tracker, as they offered discount to upgrade from PT3.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Do you play cash or tournaments ? I think either are fine for cash I prefer HM2 but for Tournaments you cant beat TOURNAMENT INDICATOR imo ,check it out has a free trial google it and use the link from Marty Smaith aka turtleknife for the longest free trial ,he also does a range of helpful vids on it and poker in general make sure you check out the MZONE feature on the dashboard its great .GL

Comment

I have used both and prefer HM2. Better interface and more comfortable to use.

Generally though it comes down to personal preference. Both do the the same thing.

I suggest trialing both.

Comment

I had a free trial with both and they were both the same. You will find for no reason people will just like the look/feel of one over the other. I choose HM2 but they are both good

Comment

i think pokertracker better than HM

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.