PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUD

hi

I need abit of help here, hope it ok to ask this here

My laptop lags when i use holdem manager with it, i dont have holdem manager but tried the trial version.

Can anyone reccomend a specific laptop that will run holdem manager/pokertracker with out lagging.

I only have about £300 maybe £350(UK), is this enuff.?

I personally use PT4 which isn't as much of a resource hog as HEM2, or so I've heard. Also I'm not much of a tech geek so I'm sure others will be able to give you more specifics but from what I know you want a decent SSD Hard Drive with high RPM. Oh and a decent amount of RAM always helps.

However I find PT4 works with zero lag on my reasonably cheap laptop. It's a 750GB HDD with just 8GB RAM and I can have PT4 running along with Stars, Skype, multiple Internet windows, my media player and other programs no problem.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Minimum System Requirements

Holdem Manager can be used with just about any computer in any configuration.

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: 1.0 GHZ

RAM: 512 MB (2+ GB is Recommended)

Video: 1024x768 Resolution is Recommended

Operating System: Windows XP or Newer with all Service Packs Installed

Microsoft .NET Framework: 3.5 Service Pack 1 or Newer

Note: Having a fast hard drive helps Holdem Manager's performance drastically. We suggest using a 7200RPM hard drive or faster.

take this info to computer store and see what they have for 300 quid

Grade b
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks grade b

I had villain on a big pocket pair maybe AKs as he was tight but i wasnt at table for very long, i play TAG maybe nearer to Rock now as im making changes post flop.

Yeah about the HUD tho thats why i asked, becouse my laptop has the requirements u put down, but only just,(not sure about it having a fast hard drive tho) and i can honestly say they are not enuff to run holdem manager, unless im doing somthing wrong, im a total fish with computers tho

I was hoping someone will answer with a specifc model nomber of laptop that they have bought recently and run a HUD on it

Comment

I built my current PC for multi tabling. My bottleneck wasn't my hard drive but my laptop.

I love this site (not spamming or intention to do so)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/computers/deals/hot

I think anything on this site will meet your needs.

£300 is plenty of cash, my PC was built for less than £200 (monitor extra).
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

*Moved to better fitting forum and cleaned up a little* Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok thanks guys,

im not geting emails to say when theres a reply but im reading them and taking notes.

i just want to make sure i buy a laptop and it doesnt lag with HUD wich is very important for me as i wanna play poker full time soon

Comment

Originally posted by Fadyen View Post
                I personally use PT4 which isn't as much of a resource hog as HEM2, or so I've heard. Also I'm not much of a tech geek so I'm sure others will be able to give you more specifics but from what I know you want a decent SSD Hard Drive with high RPM. Oh and a decent amount of RAM always helps.

However I find PT4 works with zero lag on my reasonably cheap laptop. It's a 750GB HDD with just 8GB RAM and I can have PT4 running along with Stars, Skype, multiple Internet windows, my media player and other programs no problem.

ill try find one with 8gb ram and 750gb Hdd, hopefully it will be ok, im not sure wahat a SSD hard rive with high rPM is bu till find out ty

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.