PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple vs Complicated HuD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple vs Complicated HuD

I've been using a fairly complex HuD for quite awhile and it feels like I've lost some of the old poker instincts that made the game so enjoyable in the first place. Any1 else feel like they're hud has made the game a little too robotic and have gone back to a much simpler HuD?

I think I'm going back to the old HuD "Kiss" style;

Keep It Simple Stupid

Any1 else use a very simple hud customization or do you ascribe by the "More data / information = better decisions" line of thinking?

I guess I'll keep it simple for now, but if it seems to be costing me too much I'll go back to Mr.Robot
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I used PT4 for a while, I found the stats helpful, but I was just using the defaults. I found that every time PS updated, I had problems, so eventually I gave up.

I do believe that a hud can be very helpful, but nothing can replace your own observations.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Personally I am using HEM2 with a build-out "Expanded" HUD that is included with the software.

I am slowly adding more and more stats to it as I want those to be quickly available.
      But this is for Cash games where I have over 500 hands of statistics on some people.

For tournaments I find this to much though. Especially since you will usually only get a maximum of like 50-100 hands on an opponent. And then deep analyses I generally useless because the sample size is too small.

And I indeed feel that the pure instincts of poker are more usefull.

Note that I only play cash games except maybe some sundays and specials.

Comment

For a while I really got into the idea of using HUD stats to get a quick snapshot of peoples' play. So I tried adding a bunch of extra stats to my HUD, but found that when there were too many I just wound up tuning out and my attention would veer off to other things ... But lately I've been really into the idea of using PT stats post-game to try and optimize my game? I use that Leak Busters program, and Felix was doing some database doctor stuff in his videos, etc. Will see how it goes! umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.