PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV Adjusted meaning in Holdem manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EV Adjusted meaning in Holdem manager

I know it has something to do with EV adjustment when i was all in through these hands but a good explanation would be helpful understand how this works and how is this useful for me when analyzing my game.

***moved to software section since it's a ? about holdem manager JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It pretty much shows you what your profit (or loss) would be if you ran at perfect EV. Let's say that you're in a pot of $100, all in preflop, and you have AA against KK, then the EV adjusted number will show $82, because that's your equity in the pot when you went all in.

It can be useful sometimes because it will show you if you got your money in good or bad. If you're down two buyins but the EV adjusted graph shows that you should be up one buyin (or whatever), you know you got your money in good. Just note that this is all your hands combined for that specific session (or whatever filter you have applied).

Last edited by Feskprins; Sat May 12, 2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for a quick response Feskprins, this is exactly what i thought it was... Pretty obvious but i want to make sure i am reading the numbers right.

So in the above chart i have shown, is it ok to assume that i got my money in really good in the 30 NL 668 hands i have played and its just i ran bad?

Comment

Originally posted by mohitmadaan View Post
          Thanks for a quick response Feskprins, this is exactly what i thought it was... Pretty obvious but i want to make sure i am reading the numbers right.

So in the above chart i have shown, is it ok to assume that i got my money in really good in the 30 NL 668 hands i have played and its just i ran bad?
          Yes, I would think so. 668 hands is also a very small sample size, so you're just on the bad side of variance.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.