PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pokertraker3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pokertraker3

    I was hoping you guys and gals could assist me with the HUD.

    Which stats would be worth showing in the HUD and which ones would not.

    I went to customize it and the amount of stats you can show is mind boggling

    any help will be most appreciated

  • #2
    Hiya

    I think it varies for each of us as I use different Huds for MTT, SNG, Cash

    as I looking for something different on each game type and for 6 max players I assume they looking at something differ also

    I sure some others will chime in as well
    Super-Moderator

    7 Time Bracelet Winner



    Comment


    • #3
      I've got PT3 on trial and am just using the presets which show number of hands, VPIP, PFR and aggression frequency. If I want to get more detailed data I click on the players stats and you get a pop up box with much more data with tabs for preflop/flop/turn/river. - I am finding this meets all my needs so far.

      I'm sure some experienced users will refine it much more than this.

      Good luck

      Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
      4 Time Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        Ed I was hoping you would comment.

        I got pt3 because I read in a thread that you just got it and I think you know what is what.

        When I got pt3 it took like 1 hour to get info from my hard drive but ive notice that everyone starts at zero as far as stats. I thought there would be more info right of the bat.

        Am I basically starting from scratch?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dopplerboyf5 View Post
          Ed I was hoping you would comment.

          I got pt3 because I read in a thread that you just got it and I think you know what is what.

          When I got pt3 it took like 1 hour to get info from my hard drive but ive notice that everyone starts at zero as far as stats. I thought there would be more info right of the bat.

          Am I basically starting from scratch?
          I'm really no expert - about ten days into my PT3 trial - I have only auto-imported hands played since then, I basically got it to help track the cash game challenge that starts tomorrow. If you have saved hand histories of your previous play or can get them it might be possible to upload them, but I have not tried this so far. Most of the trainers here use a HUD but I don't know who uses which one, I am sure you will get many more detailed replies. If you search the forum I think it has probably been covered before too. I am technologically challenged. so pretty slow with this stuff - it took me three days to get the HUD to display at all.

          I am planning to trial HEM as well before I pay for a HUD - although I am quite happy with the basic functions of PT3 so will almost certainly get a HUD soon.

          Good luck

          Ed from edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
          4 Time Bracelet Winner


          Comment


          • #6
            I just played a ring game and I noticed that there was players with more hands played then me so I think the download worked.

            just like you im not much into tech. I call it nerdaling

            Comment


            • #7
              One thing i always tell new PT3 peeps to do is email PS and ask for your Complete Hand History

              I did this when i first started using PT3 and they sent me every hand i had played since i started there in 2004

              upload them and it give you a much bigger data base
              Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun Mar 25, 2012, 01:20 AM.
              Super-Moderator

              7 Time Bracelet Winner



              Comment


              • #8
                Stats for HUD

                Originally posted by dopplerboyf5 View Post
                I was hoping you guys and gals could assist me with the HUD.

                Which stats would be worth showing in the HUD and which ones would not.

                I went to customize it and the amount of stats you can show is mind boggling

                any help will be most appreciated
                When customizing the stats for your HUD, less is more - you don't want a lot of stats as they will clutter the screen, and you will have to remember the layout; too hard to follow. There's a great video in the PSO library that helps with what you want (URL below):
                http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...entials-Part-1
                Originally posted by dopplerboyf5 View Post
                When I got pt3 it took like 1 hour to get info from my hard drive but ive notice that everyone starts at zero as far as stats. I thought there would be more info right of the bat.

                Am I basically starting from scratch?
                Yes you are starting from scratch - The HUD will only track the hands at tables you play on.

                Make sure you request your hand histories, and tourneys - Poker Stars 'Requests' menu.
                Make sure you request your hand histories, and tourneys be saved to your hard drive - Poker Stars 'Options' menu.

                May the cards be with you.
                .
                "May the cards be with you!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TOO2COO View Post
                  One thing i always tell new PT3 peeps to do is email PS and ask for your Complete Hand History I did this when i first started using PT3 and they sent me every hand i had played since i started there in 2004 upload them and it give you a much bigger data base
                  Another nugget from the PSO umbup: I use HEM and only use 3 stats, VPiP, PFR and Agg. Not sure how PT works but when I hover over any of my 3 stats I get a further breakdown of all stats. Keep it simple imo.
                  Bracelet Winner

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X

                  X Cookies Information

                  We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.