PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technological advice needed regards 2 monitors but one is a tv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technological advice needed regards 2 monitors but one is a tv

Hey im trying to prepare for the future when I can multitable a few games and hope someone can help and explain it simply

My setup currently is a 16 to 17 inch Acer square shape monitor

Oh my computer is an Lenavo i5 its very powerful ask more if you need additional info & i will try to supply correct details

What I want to try to accomplish is well 2 questions really

1. Although this room is small I want to try my big tv (instead of the Acer monitor) I just measured it diagonally screensize its 31 inches but its widescreen its Hitachi , if i knew how to put pics of the back in here i would but it has many ports including PC AV1 & HDMI

So how can I get just my big tv to work with my computer? Do I just plug it in? Which cables do I need please?

Would I have to then sit how far away to be comfortable eyes so no eye strain or headaches ? See the room maybe too small i dont know

The room im in is a small rectangle approx 9.75ft by 7.5ft but lot furniture so seems even smaller but as big tv comes in something will have to go out ahaha

the initial aim will be the to play 1 game on big screen tv and get used to the hud...then try to get upto 4 tables can do 2 sometimes now

2. Lets say it all works and I want to add a 5th table.

Can my computer run at the same time and use both the Acer monitor it currently uses and the big Hitachi tv ?

If so how please? So i want to use the tv as a monitor and the Acer monitor as the 2nd monitor

Ive got plenty of table space in here i dont want to carry heavy tv or move furniture around until I know how to set it all up

Its possible I may move the computer into a bigger room but lets not get into that at this time

cheers everyone

give pic of the room simples things

Comment

you need a graphics card that can handle multiple monitors (should connect by HDMI cable) and then you'd just have to go into the settings for it and designate which is the primary monitor and which is the secondary. I use 2 monitors for mine, a 24" gaming monitor as my main one and an older 22" for my secondary.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
      Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

ohhh thank you I was thinking about it today and was wondering if HDMI would be needed as do use one on lounge tv/DVD player

Before I go buy HDMI cable how can I find out if my graphics card can handle multiple monitors ?

Just got faster internet and new router is lot bigger so do need bigger table in this room im all crammed in

Comment

you'd need to check the specs for whatever graphics card is in your computer and upgrade it, if needed.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

I think ive found its name......Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Comment

i am sitting behind laptop with radeon r7 m260..and i play on laptop screen and with hdmi i divide picture onto lg tv(usually watch movies/anime)...haven´t seen lag on that...

Comment

Originally posted by rolo834 View Post
                I think ive found its name......Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
                rolo834

That should be capable of running 2 monitors with an HDMI connection, based on what I see from googling it.

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

thanks laifstaile looks promising

John I contacted Intel and they said it can run 3 monitors however they also said to check with the motherboards original equipment manufacturer lol...I guess thats Lenavo...ive no idea about motherboards

Now new router arrived and installed will have to look at bringing in bigger table for bigger tv and try it out but involves moving a wardrobe too.(Im in a small 3rd bedroom)...seems a lot of work however im keen to do it as I have a video to watch and the hud stats are so small i need a bigger screen...years ago a bigger table was in here but moved it out oops think to make more space

Thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.