PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads Up

Before getting into the hand I have to say that I'm not sure where I stand as a heads up player. I'm not very good in my opinion, but I not that bad compared to my opponents at this level. When we started heads up my opponent had a big lead and I was able to make up a lot of ground. I was really starting to get a feel for him. He had an obvious bet sizing tell and I was taking advantage. He was betting big when he had something and small when he had nothing. When out of position I would check to him and if he bet big I would fold and if he bet small I would raise. In the hand I'm not sure if I should even be playing 97o out of position, but like I said I had a very good feel for where I was most of the time. On the flop I checked it back to him and he insta-checked, like he had clicked check/fold. On the turn I lead out and he calls. On the river I lead out again and get raised... at this point I'm thinking he slowplayed a set or two pair, I'm not concerned about the backdoor flush (should I be?), the one hand I was worried about was jack 9, but I have a 9 so it seemed unlikely. I'm wondering a few things: Should I flat his raise (15bb is decent, but he would have a massive lead)? Can I fold? How can I improve my heads up play when I'm playing mtts?

79o OOP really isn't a hand I'd want... but you could do worse, as at least it's a 1-gap.

You gotta bet the flop. Take the lead in the hand since you're OOP and find out where you are in the hand. You've got a pair and an OESD, so use this to try and get some info from the opp.

On the turn, especially if I bet the flop and get called, I'm checking. Hoping to get a free card at a straight or set.

River: like the lead with the straight and I'm not folding... BUT... with a flush and a higher straight possible, I'd flat it. That way, if they did have either, I'd still be in the tourney, but if I'm ahead, I've got a huge chip lead.

Anytime you're HU, even if you are at a chip disadvantage, you can come back... you've only got to beat 1 person, not an entire table.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.