PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good fold then bad play :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good fold then bad play :(

Thought this was a good fold here 2 minutes in. Next hand dunno why i just couldn't fold very bad play on me

I agree with you that the first one is a good fold (you've only got AK, not a made hand). It's got possibilities of turning into a huge hand, but it's not a made hand and it's too early to be risking it.

The 2nd one's tougher. On the flop, there are both flush and straight draws out there. With top set, I'd have been making a good sized raise on the flop. By just calling, you're losing value and letting the opps draw at the straight and flush cheap... not something you want to do. If you raise the flop, the 5 should fold, which means that the str8 won't get made on the turn (although the Ad is probably staying for any bet).
    The way you played it, when there is a shove to a 4-straight on the board... if you can't beat the straight, you've got to muck... although if you raised on the flop, you're probably not in that situation.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      I agree with you that the first one is a good fold (you've only got AK, not a made hand). It's got possibilities of turning into a huge hand, but it's not a made hand and it's too early to be risking it. The 2nd one's tougher. On the flop, there are both flush and straight draws out there. With top set, I'd have been making a good sized raise on the flop. By just calling, you're losing value and letting the opps draw at the straight and flush cheap... not something you want to do. If you raise the flop, the 5 should fold, which means that the str8 won't get made on the turn (although the Ad is probably staying for any bet). The way you played it, when there is a shove to a 4-straight on the board... if you can't beat the straight, you've got to muck... although if you raised on the flop, you're probably not in that situation.
      I agree 100% umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.