PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How not to play AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to play AA

Only play money. I should have bet flop and turn but instead i lost with a hand i should have won with.

Yup.

Typical example of a hand too weak to be a viable slow play hand.

Doing this means you are not only allowing free cards which could beat you (either by a straight or flush coming, or by someone spiking a kicker if you did not make your set on the turn), but you are also failing to extract VALUE from these weak drawing hands.

Opponents generally call for a reason, and when those reasons are BAD, you benefit by getting value they are willing to put into the pot; even if sometimes they suck out on you.

This is an extreme case of both failing to maximize value, and failing to prevent free cards that might beat you.

Not good.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

yeah. way too much of a slow play.

Raise more preflop (3BB + 1BB for every limper). Then, bet the flop.

Being passive with AA or KK will get you into alot of trouble (trust me, I learned that one the hard way!)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.