PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought it was a good fold ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was a good fold ?

Good fold? but i think i should have not checked it just shoved instead.

In your position Unless i had a strong read that the vilian was super maniac i would have folded to the preflop raise. If i thought he was super weak i MIGHT have reraised if i thought Villian number 2 would fold.

You are in SB so the worst posible position when flop comes. I have to put my hand up to completeing too many sb becuase its cheak and to quote TheLangolier "i'm getting good odds"
    But in reality If it was just you and justOmiu he was over an 80% favorite.

with 3 of you in he is 75% favorite. Now he may be a maniac but even maniacs get deal good hands from time to time.

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well, I'd have done a couple of things differently, assuming it was a cash tourney. In a PSO, it's an instant fold.

First, if the opp that raised preflop was playing tighter (not seeing many hands so far), then I just let it go preflop since you're out of position. I'd try to find a better spot where I had position and you've got plenty of chips.

Now.. if I'd have called and saw the flop, I'd want to make a larger bet on the flop, as I'd want to price out anyone that might be drawing at a gutshot straight. Probably about a bet of 500. That way, if either opp shoves, then it would be a legal raise and I could then re-shove to try and isolate only 1 opp.
      It also wouldn't be a bad play to just outright shove the flop too.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Simple and most common answer = Fold Pre Flop!

Comment

Not a good fold.
          This is pretty much an insta-fold pre-flop for me in any game..especially if it's a skill league game.

With that, there's absolutely no way you should fold to the turn bet. You should either be reraising after the shove by the short stack on the flop, or trap and just call as you did, totally expecting to call the remaining bet by the other villain. You have too much invested into this potential pot and could still hit a boat.
          You've gotten yourself into a bad position by not folding pre-flop, and once you do that, you have to make the best of it.

Comment

Eeyup! Fold that crap pre when oop! And jusst a suggestion, but ommit the outcome b4 you quicksave. As it generally skews advice, whether knowingly or not, as this should be about plays, not outcomes.umbup:
            May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Was a 0.25 45 man sng the 2 players were loose players. I just called cause i knew the guy after me would call aswell. Once he called a looked at the board again and insta thought he has an 8 thats why i checked. On any other day i would have just pushed all in. Not been playing properly the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Going to comment with out reading the comments to keep things honest.

Im not mad about the preflop call,its one of those spots where you may have been going off a read.
                Like some players only show aggression with AQ or AK,they slowplay AA or KK.So playing connectors against them isnt the worst plan and can be profitable like set mining.

Flop I dont like leading out otherwise known as the donk bet,since you are not the preflop agressor.I would have check/raised that flop and would have check raised for sure if I was in Quismas's seat.
                Betting 50% of the pot is something you do with the nuts and here you have a good chance of KQ or a overpair catching up to you.When PF aggressor shoves you need to either fold or protect your hand by shoving over top.

Turn is a spot you wouldnt be in if you played the Flop correctly and calling or folding really depends on reads. I call some players allins with Ace high because I have watched them play.
                Stack size is another thing to watch for a read. Since I dont know if this is PSO,MTT or STT I cant be of much more help.Guess I have to read the comments now..lol

One more thing the buyin is going to help as well in figuring out if the 3rd player shoving on the turn is just gambling or a bad player. Higher stakes combined with reads would tell me that your
                looking at a player that thinks they have the preflop and you beat or at least able to get you to fold which means you have shown weakness prior. Or they suck and cant read a board or a player.

Comment

Ok read the comments and the buyin.

People do not know what they are doing for the most part at this level.
                  I was going to mention that I dont mind giving up position against a weak opponent but at this buyin its better to play on the conservative side and take advantage all aspects you can as a Tag player.

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
                    I was going to mention that I dont mind giving up position against a weak opponent but at this buyin its better to play on the conservative side and take advantage all aspects you can as a Tag player.
                    +1 umbup: Absolutely 100% correct.
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
                      Ok read the comments and the buyin. People do not know what they are doing for the most part at this level. I was going to mention that I dont mind giving up position against a weak opponent but at this buyin its better to play on the conservative side and take advantage all aspects you can as a Tag player.
                      Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                      +1 umbup: Absolutely 100% correct.
                      I been looking for my tag game lately but cant find it But you are right as tag play is how i have managed the few final tables.

Comment

It's what works on those tables.
                        I used to play them before black friday, Moxie Pip, more of them than me. It's what we've found works (play money 320 chip 45 man's are similar too.. a bit better players in the quarters, but similar) .
                        Also, don't be worried about going out in 8th-12th if you get a premium hand. Play them aggressively as you would playing TAG and while you will lose some of them and not get ITM, by that time, one double-up will greatly increase your ROI% in them from deep runs and the larger payouts due to the deeper runs.
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think i can play to tight sometimes all the way threw these. Last night i found myself in the last 18 without playing a hand i pushed with Ad10d on SB and got 3 callers knocked straight out

Comment

that's a great example of a hand out of position... definitely watch the video linked you to in the other thread. It WILL improve your game.
                            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

lol i just learn't something in the 1st 10 minutes. I am really looking forward to his review off mine
                              he makes is so simple to understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.