PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this a bad call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a bad call?

this was on the final table of one of the Premier league matches. 4 handed, and I was worried about the guy in the bushes, when he folds, I liked my spot, Suggestions on where I went wrong or how I could have played it different if it all. Although in retrospect I think I got outplayed by a great button limp at this stage... well here it is:

Were they limping a lot? Then i push it pref. You are short here, you need to act now. As played - ship it OTF.

Comment

Ok so the money should have gotten in either way, if not sooner than I put it in.. So it was just bad luck then? What I was more worried about is if I had a chance to get off the hand at anypoint. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BawMe View Post
        Ok so the money should have gotten in either way, if not sooner than I put it in.. So it was just bad luck then? What I was more worried about is if I had a chance to get off the hand at anypoint. Thanks
        You don't have maneuvering place here at all, and KT is pretty decent hand to stick it in with

Comment

raise or shove preflop. Whatever's left, if any, needs to be shoved on the flop.

You played this hand way, way too passively. Yes, the opp had a monster, but you also let the other player draw at beating you without having to pay for drawing.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
            raise or shove preflop. Whatever's left, if any, needs to be shoved on the flop.

You played this hand way, way too passively. Yes, the opp had a monster, but you also let the other player draw at beating you without having to pay for drawing.

ahh i think i see now, so 4 handed there's no chance of me getting away from KT? It is essentially a cooler? I realize I made the mistake of not pushing pre or worste case jamming it all in on the flop.

I appreciate the insight JWK.

Comment

(for me) you're only on roughly 8 bigs so at this point (before this really) you should be in jam/fold mode,as your pretty short, but taking a "free" look w/ K10 is reasonable, but as soon as that K hits the flop, you for sure need to shove it to either leverage what little fold equity you have and pick up the pot right there, or charge the max for anyone that wants to come along. Nice finish btw.
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

^Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.