PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad beat ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad beat ?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Not a nice way to go out i had to call

that qualfies as a bad beat. You were a 3-1 favorite. When the opp shoves on you, I agree you have to call and you also know that the opp should have a J. You then need to avoid them hitting their other hole card or the board pairing again or the other J.

Unfortunately, they hit their other hole card.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You're a massive favorite here against any range. The only hand ahead of you is , and there aren't a ton of combinations of he can have here. Sure, he has outs sometimes, but getting all in ASAP when wayyyyy ahead is what you want.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

In my oppinion you have 20+ BB so you should play alot tighter and just fold this hand, with min-raise there is a big chance that a J is involved, after flop, you should have folded, board is too dangerous for you if they all-in in front of you, you didnt have much chips in yet so it wouldnt have been a big loss.

Comment

Originally posted by XxTiberxX View Post
          In my oppinion you have 20+ BB so you should play alot tighter and just fold this hand, with min-raise there is a big chance that a J is involved, after flop, you should have folded, board is too dangerous for you if they all-in in front of you, you didnt have much chips in yet so it wouldnt have been a big loss.
          Ummmmm, huh? He has 46 bigs, and he hopes like hell a J IS out, or a flush draw, which is exatly what he got. He's a big favorite to an op. That has 4 outs, and the flush draw was dead money.
          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
            Ummmmm, huh? He has 46 bigs, and he hopes like hell a J IS out, or a flush draw, which is exatly what he got. He's a big favorite to an op. That has 4 outs, and the flush draw was dead money.
            Like I said, with a big stack he would of just folded pocket 5s because they mostly are the worst hands preflop.

Comment

He was actually getting a great pricd to strictly set mine at 23/1 (effective stack) on his call. assuming hell get paid off if he hits, and that price got even better with the call behind..and if he was deeper stacked, even a better price.so i'm still confused as to why he would be folding preflop ESPECIALLY if he was even deeper stacked..??? Then he damn near flops the holy grail of set mining, and your worried about a jack?
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

The only argument you could make for folding is if you are squeezed by the shortish stacked player behind him and so you waste 100 chips, either way for 2 big blinds its an easy call to set mine with 55 as loosing 100 to a squeeze is worth the risk to win a massive pot which you would of done if it wasn't for the bad beat.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.