PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A perfect play with killing action cards, maximizing was the end result.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A perfect play with killing action cards, maximizing was the end result.

[IMG]replay hand_id=167345 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=254751769E[/IMG]
    Last edited by Dr.Kauffer; Sat Nov 05, 2011, 05:11 PM.

**moved to its own post**
    Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

For a hand early in a tourney, I think you played it very well. You got the opp to stack off to you when you had the best hand.... that's all you can do.

Normally, I'd have raised the flop... but with the way the board ended up, I think you got more value from the opp by just calling (they may not have stacked off in the end if you raised).
      I'd have raised for one reason, to see where I was in the hand, as with that many limpers into the pot, there could have easily been a KJ or AJ out there.... but when you see the river, you know that you have the best hand.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for your insight, i think is a valuable comment, the reason i choose not to bet the flop, i wanted to give him the sense i did not have the J in my hand planning to 3 bet him in the turn, or make and over bet by the river to give a sense i was bluffing him out of the pot. i had a read on him, his been playing a 1 pair hand very agrressive so in this basis i think if i had bet the flop he would go away from the hand

Comment

In that hand, it worked out for you, which is a good thing. When you play against better opps, then you need to worrry about a J with a better kicker, though.

GL at the tables!
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.